10W40 is one of the most popular engine oils for Yamaha R15 V4 and recommended by the company in its user manual. If you own a Yamaha R15 V4, you know that your motorcycle needs the best engine oil to keep it running smoothly and 10W40 ensures that
It helps in reducing fuel consumption and increases the life of your bike’s engine. 10W40 is also known for its superior lubrication qualities which help in reducing friction and heat build-up in the engine. With its superior quality, 10W40 is a great choice for your Yamaha R15 V4.
What is the mileage of Yamaha R15 V4?
The Yamaha R15 V4 is a powerful bike with an impressive mileage of 60.56 kmpl, making it one of the most fuel-efficient bikes in its segment. This mileage is the claimed ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) figure for all the variants of R15 V4.
The Yamaha R15 V4 is powered by a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that produces 19.3 bhp and 14.7 Nm of torque, making it an ideal choice for riders who are looking for a powerful yet fuel-efficient bike.
What is the Engine Oil capacity of Yamaha R15 V4?
The Yamaha R15 V4 is a powerful motorcycle with a 4-stroke engine. It requires 1 liter of API Service SL Fully Synthetic motor oil with Jaso MA and SAE 10W40 specifications to maintain its performance and efficiency. The oil should be changed regularly to ensure the longevity of the engine.
When should you change the engine oil of Yamaha R15 V4?
The engine oil of Yamaha R15 V4 should be changed every 2500-3000 Km.
The general rule of thumb is that the engine oil should be changed every 2500-3000 Km, depending on the type of roads and traffic you are riding in. Indian roads are known for their roughness and potholes which can cause more wear and tear on your vehicle’s engine, thus it is important to change the engine oil more often.
Tips to keep in mind while changing bike’s engine oil
- Ensure that you bike is on double stand or center stand when the engine oil is replaced. You can easily reach the engine oil filter with that stand position.
- Use engine oil only as per the requirement. Do not pour too much and overflow the engine as it can be dangerous. Measure the oil needed for the bike with help of a beaker.
- Maintain the regular intervals and right frequency of maintenance as delaying the change in oil can decline the engine’s performance and fuel consumption.
- Keep all the bike service tools together clubbed with you properly. This includes fresh engine oil, drain pan, funnels, and some essential tools for opening, new oil filter, measuring beaker and tightening the nut bolts like adjustable socket wrench and screwdrivers of different shapes.
- Change the oil filter as well. The role of oil filter is to protect the bike engine by removing the dirt, metallic particles, and oxidized oil. Engine oil filter can get clogged after some time. It requires maintenance as well.